Ever tried recording a detailed food diary?
The 10 Rules
- You must record everything that you eat that contains carbohydrate and preferable fat content too
- You should record an accurate time
- All drinks that are not low calorie to be included (no cheating)
- Everything that you eat (no exclusions)
- Even when you clean out the cake making bowl you have to count that too!
- If you are not sure how much carbohydrate you need to weigh your food – be precise – no guessing
- Eating out is a nightmare – how do you ask your friend/restaurant ‘How much does that weigh?’ or ‘Did you make that sauce with oil?’ but you need to record! No exclusions
- Check every bottle and every label – that’s right read the pack!
- Write it all down or record it accurately somewhere – most Apps not useful
- A gentle reminder – don’t forget to live at the same time 🙂
Oh and I nearly forgot – keep testing your Blood Glucose if you have Diabetes too…..
I recommend all HCPs try it for a week 🙂